Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Because cutting boards take up too much space...


So we have a tiny apartment kitchen. It does have lots of storage space but because it's a galley kitchen, it's seriously lacking in counter space. When you're working with a kitchen this small, you really can't afford to lose that precious counter space. That being said, this was becoming a huge problem:
This little square of counter spaces is one of four counter space squares in our kitchen. With the cutting boards taking up half this square, that really only leaves three. Okay, maybe not half. But still. It's cramped.

I knew I had to get these cutting boards out of the way. Putting them in one of the cupboards wasn't really an  option, since we use them every day. Keeping them on the counter just makes the most sense.

Luckily, these cutting boards are out of the way now. Or as out of the way as they can be, I suppose. Anyway, I found the affordable ($5.99) solution at Bed Bath & Beyond:
I know, pretty basic, right? I bet you know what I did next.

Yup, put the cutting boards in their new home:
It's not a ton more space, but in a kitchen this small, every bit counts!

So how do you store your cutting boards?

No comments:

Post a Comment