Friday, February 8, 2013

Project Organized Closet (Part 2)

Scarves! I don't know about you, but with every closet I've had and every scarf organizational system I've tried, keeping my scarves in order has always been a problem. It's gotten pretty ridiculous since I started college three years ago, a.k.a since I move to one of the snowiest cities in the US and my mom who knits insisted I needed plenty of heavy knitted scarves. Love her and the scarves, though (please excuse the state of my bedroom. I know, it's a hot mess):
I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but I did have my scarves on a hanger with shower curtain rings. Just in case you can't see what the problem is with heavy scarves hanging from a hanger like this, here it is:

This was ALWAYS happening. I guess I didn't think about the fact that I have two cats who love climbing around our closet (even though they know they're not supposed to) when I decided to give this system a try (found here). Don't get me wrong. I still think this could be an awesome system for scarf organization. But it's not for me. So then the question was, what was for me? Before I had my scarves on a hanger, I had them in a drawer (like this one). Obviously, that didn't work because the scarves would get all wrapped and tangled around one another from me digging around in the drawer, taking things out, putting things back in again... And the drawer was almost too small to fit all my scarves. 

I started thinking about what would work for me. It wasn't long before I found my answer. I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like empty, but you can take a look at it here. So far, I love that this organizer is metal and more than strong enough to hold my heavy knitted scarves. And the price is great. So, here's my scarves all newly organized and pretty and right next to my newly organized and pretty purses:
Pretty, right? And with plenty of empty scarf-spaces to fill! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment